Brown water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OsciTheOscar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is my water brownish or am i just seeing things?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1425259954716.jpg
    1425259954716.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 1425259978372.jpg
    1425259978372.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 97
Your driftwood could be leaching tannins that the camera isn't picking up.. If your water looks tea-ish then it's the tannins

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Harmful? Best resolution? I want crystal clear... i spend time and money not to stare at tea water...

Tannins aren't harmful. Try doing a water change first

If you want crystal clear water add some chemi pure ( a very good carbon that lasts 6 months) and some seachem purigen into your filter. You can also use polishing pads or aquarium safe quilt batting or floss to trap the finer particles in the water.

Tannins aren't harmful. Try doing a water change first

If you want crystal clear water add some chemi pure ( a very good carbon that lasts 6 months) and some seachem purigen into your filter. You can also use polishing pads or aquarium safe quilt batting or floss to trap the finer particles in the water.

Thanks Quest!

Also. To treat the driftwood if you didn't know is to boil water and dump it on it while it's in a cooler. Or just boil the wood. Tannis flows out from the wood into the water. Just a quick tip to get the water to 100% clarity.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom