Browning Anacharis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Archie427

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
In my 29 gallon freshwater aquarium I have some anacharis. It has grown very fast and then I have cut it and replanted which has also grown very fast but now some has stopped growing and turned brown while other pieces are still growing a lot. I'm not sure what is causing it to turn brown and basically die. I have attached some photos hopefully they help.

Attachments

• image-2013646632.jpg
    image-2013646632.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 106
  • image-1038523943.jpg
    image-1038523943.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 100
  • image-2408915762.jpg
    image-2408915762.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 92
Is it the actual plant that is turning brown or is there something on the plant? If it is something on the plant is it fairly easy to wipe off?

Also, what are the water parameters?

I'm not sure what my water quality is like because I don't have any test equipment. But it's the actual plant. Some pieces have kinda died but then new pieces start growing off of it and other pieces just grow like crazy. But I have an amazon sword, some crypts and Anubia plant that are growing like crazy too and no problems at all.

That would be my first suggestion, you should have the liquid test kit to monitor the nutrient levels. What is your lighting? are you planting the anarcharis with enough space between the stems so that the leaves just barely touch?

I'll have to go get one. I have the anacharis pretty spaced out for the most part. Should I bunch them up more?

Back
Top Bottom