BTA is eating ricordia!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MT79

Aquarium Advice Addict
A ricordia mushroom that decided to detach itself had been swept to close to the BTA and is now being consumed by it! Does this pose a threat to the BTA? I don't recall rics being aggresive, but some help would be appreciated. The BTA is closed around the ric and the maroon clown is holding down the fort, so I don't want to disturb the BTA too much and also be attacked :roll: by the clown, unless really necessary.

The anemone may just end up spitting it out but it should not be a concern. If it gets free, might want to place it in a shallow tupperware bowl with some rubblerock that will allow it to attach. That is, providing it survives the ordeal.

FWIW, you can put on a pair of rubber gloves and rescue it. Just watch the clown does not find any exposed skin .. LOL :wink:

Cheers
Steve

The anemones' tentacles started shrivelling up so I went ahead and took the plunge, gently scooping the mushroom out and wedging it, for lack of a better word, were it could attach itself. Me- 1, Clown- 0, atleast until tomorrow :D

Back
Top Bottom