Bubble algae!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I found this on one piece of rock. This is a new 29g biocube and only has 3 zebra hermits, a peppermint shrimp and some snails. I saw a ton o little snot bubbles on this piece of rock. I have only found it on one rock. What are some remedies I can pursue?

Attachments

• image-3581137009.jpg
    image-3581137009.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 75
I just took out the one affected rock and its sitting in a bowl of bleach. I will then let it evaporate, rinse and start over. The rock had a lot on it and it was impractical to try and remove all of it. I can not for the life of me find any more in the tank.

Amicus said:
I just took out the one affected rock and its sitting in a bowl of bleach. I will then let it evaporate, rinse and start over. The rock had a lot on it and it was impractical to try and remove all of it. I can not for the life of me find any more in the tank.

Could have been just that rock then. After you rinse well, let it soak in some water with prime in it for 24 hours, the prime should pull out the chlorine from the bleach.

Beengirl said:
Could have been just that rock then. After you rinse well, let it soak in some water with prime in it for 24 hours, the prime should pull out the chlorine from the bleach.

Good idea, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom