Bubble Coral placement Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squidly

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey gang,

I just bought a beautiful bubble coral yesterday and I have it in kind of a temporary spot while I move other things around but it looks and is doing great in the spot where I put it. However, it's right up in the front and there are some bubbles pressing against the glass. I'm leaving town tomorrow for work and will be gone till Friday so want to know if this is going to be an issue or cause damage to the coral. Thank you all for any replies and help with this matter! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1465080910.809708.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

it looks happy there maybe just bring it back a inch so its not plastered up against the glass,
defiantly a nice bubble coral

It looks very nice. They are flow sensitive, but I doubt the polyps against the glass could care less. They are very easy to grow but the whole colony can collapse if water parameters get out of whack.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1465082596.909414.jpg

Wow, you have a huge colony! Thank you so much for the reply. I'll leave it where it is for now if the glass isn't a huge issue and will maybe just have to move it when it outgrows the spot. Again, thanks for the confirmation and the help!

Just make sure he is not on the sand. Placement there will cause the fish to move the sand around and irritate the polyps. By the way here is mine after 15 years.

6218-albums4401-picture32977.jpg

I love bubble corals here is mine

img_3364180_0_562ed72a610edfb940cf79d253af9fde.jpg

Mine is in medium flow that pulses so waves back and forth and medium light and loves it :)

Wow guys, thanks for the help and for showing me your colonies. They look awesome and are all so big! Really can't wait till mine starts to grow like that

Just give them a bit of space as well mine send out sweepers/tenticles but is infront of a massive cataphilia I have so between them they have set there own boundary.

The bubble is an awesome coral but also a very fragile one so care is needed with placement as well as paremeters as already said.

It looks happy in your picture though and as suggested move it away from glass an inch or so :)

Good luck with it and be good to see some pictures once fully settled and out :)

Back
Top Bottom