bubble tip anemone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gvillboy said:
Yea hopefully he'll move....I tried to move mine....no go....that grip is something else!

You shouldnt pull a nem off like that, its better to let it move or force it to move by making it uncomfortable. If you pull it off you might hurt its foot and it could die..

I was thinking of turning off the wavemakers to see if it moves. It might like the flow where it's at and that's why it's not moving. It's only the second day though and it's not bothering any of my corals so I also might just leave it alone.

I have a new problem though...

image-3758380686.jpg

This is a picture if my new yellow watchman I just received with the anenome order. It's also a picture of my drain. Reefs to go sent me the smallest watchman they could find and this little guy somehow has ended up here.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
You shouldnt pull a nem off like that, its better to let it move or force it to move by making it uncomfortable. If you pull it off you might hurt its foot and it could die..

Oh no I just massaged his foot a lil to see if he would let up and was an epic fail lol....but I would never pull him off....

Day 5 still in the same spot. No luck but it does look healthy though.

Rich42082 said:
Day two with my green tip and it's in the same spot. Horrible spot, it's in the back of my tank all the way in the bottom. Horrible because I can't really see it. I'm hoping it moves somewhere in the front of my tank.

Here's a bad picture of it..

I feel you. Day 3 of having my GBTA and it is in the worst spot i could think of. He better move or im gunna be pissed. Lol

Mine when he wasent hiding

Attachments

• image-2366844202.jpg
    image-2366844202.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 146
Can you put something over him (not right on top tho) to block the light. He might move on his own then for better light.

Ingy said:
Can you put something over him (not right on top tho) to block the light. He might move on his own then for better light.

There is a huge rock covering him :/ i tried to touch him and i cant hes so far back there!

I would hit it with a rock.

J/K

Mine is still in the same position. It's been about a week now. Going to leave it alone for another week. If it doesn't move then I'll try to hit it with direct flow or a rock.

Rich42082 said:
I would hit it with a rock.

J/K

Mine is still in the same position. It's been about a week now. Going to leave it alone for another week. If it doesn't move then I'll try to hit it with direct flow or a rock.

Lol yea I think that would do the trick . But really having it in direct flow help me with mine give it a try . Good luck

So mine has wedged himself in between two rocks...and to make it worse it's in the back of my tank....so mad!

Lol this is the "my anemone sucks" thread. Haha mine moved into the front one day and the next he goes right back into hiding... Wierd lil guy.

This is a picture if my new yellow watchman I just received with the anenome order. It's also a picture of my drain. Reefs to go sent me the smallest watchman they could find and this little guy somehow has ended up here.[/QUOTE]

That means that he has already jumped to get into your overflows. He ill not last long without a cove on your tank

So here are the pictures that go along with my last update about him being In the back of the tank...pretty mad he's in the back where I cant see him.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120918_190636.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120918_190636.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 121
  • ForumRunner_20120918_190702.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120918_190702.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 143
Well, I took my turkey baster (I think that's what its called) and I blasted it for a little bit. Now, it seems really pissed off so I'm hoping it moves by tomorrow. I'll update you if it worked or if I killed my nem.

Rich42082 said:
Well, I took my turkey baster (I think that's what its called) and I blasted it for a little bit. Now, it seems really pissed off so I'm hoping it moves by tomorrow. I'll update you if it worked or if I killed my nem.

Lol I took a rock and propped it over the top so he would have to move if he wanted light....we'll see how that goes!

It doesn't look like my trick worked because it seems to be getting comfortable again. My clowns will never find it where it's located. I think I'm going to name it Waldo.

Where's Waldo?

image-3073226186.jpg

Mine is to little right now to be hosted and anyway so I'm not worried about it....I'm just mad I can't see mine!

Day two with rock over the top....so he has stretched him self out like 4 inches and is hanging out from underneath the rock....I had no clue it could stretch out like that!

Mines a pain too. He moved front and center in my tank so that was good except he mounted his foot in a cave that I have and then opens. So instead of the cool look of all the tentacles being up he looks like a dinner plate with bubbles around the outside. Plus you always see his mouth obv cause it's right in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom