Bubble wands?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackett91

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Purchased but still haven't put in my bubble tube. Only because I have heard it's a terrible idea from some and great from others. Is it worth my time or should I get my 40 bucks back. I know it's mostly for looks but I thought it help bring oxygen in no????

Terrible for sw, do you not have powerhead a? Bubble Wanda cause salt creep which is not fun to deal with.

Thanks I appreciate it. I almost put it in last night. What about a gravel suction/washer? Should I exchange for that?

With heavy modification a bubbler could be made to work successfully... but I wouldn't bother tbh.

How is your tank set up?

Do you have a sump?
Protein Skimmer?
What do you use for water movement?
Tank size?

A gravel vac is also generally considered a bad idea for salt water. You want to disturb your substrate as little as possible.

The best thing to do for aeration is to point a power head to the surface The way you get aeration is surface agitation. Bubbles will do it on a small scale but nowhere near what a power head slightly pointed will do.

I have a power head for a 90 gal tank mine is 75. Been running it since I got my fish. No skimmer I have 2 hob filters rated for 90g a piece. And I have those disturbing the surface a bit as well. I have 75 lbs of crushed corral 25lbs of live sand and 75lbs of live rock as well.

Back
Top Bottom