Bubble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Our bubble has been doing this for the last couple days, although if something gets near it, it will pull in, curious if it was expanding? I know our hammer did this and it's gotten bigger. Short of an ever growing population of apasitas we haven't had any problems in this tank. Look forward to any replies.

Kaurene

Attachments

• bubble_132.jpg
    bubble_132.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 112
If some of the bubbles break this coral can develope a brown jelly infection or flatworm infection. How old is this coral? Did you photacclimate it when you got it? What are your current water parameters and lighting?

We've had it for over a year and it have had no problems with it, our water parameters are fine. No change in lighting either.

Wish I could help but I Have no idea. Try a pm to Steve-s. If anyone on this forum can help, it's Steve.

When's the last time you changed your bulbs?

There are only a few things I can think of:

Unbalanced or poor chemistry (alk/Ca)
Salinity problem
Heat
Predation/warfare

Cheers
Steve

Well believe it or not, we found out what it was, see we haven't done charcoal in a long time and figured last week we'd do a bag, seems the bubble doesn't like it, because we took the charcoal bag out this morning and the bubble came back, weird or what? Thanks everyone for your help, I'm just glad it's back to nornal now :)

not sure what Seagel is, we used one of those bags you can fill and we filled it with Black Diamond Premium Activiated Carbon, which we have used before with no problem and filled the bag and rinsed it real good and set it down in the fuge where the water goes to get pumped back up into the tank. Like I said, we've been real bad about doing this frequently, it has been months since we've done it, and what's weird is the tank has really had no problems infact everything has almost doubled with in the last year. We've never had any problems with the bubble so we were kind of freaked when it started doing this, just glad it's happy again.

Seagel is a brand of carbon that also contains Phosguard. I was thinking it might be aluminum poisoning.

Either way, glad it worked out for the best. (y)

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom