bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TommyTaylor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys.
I have seen in pets at home (uk) in their tanks they have an air stone that literally looks like smoke coming out it has so fine bubbles. I cannot find anything like it any where.

Any ideas. Or what's the finest I can get??

Thanks

I think the wood air stones have fine bubbles.

Homer8 said:
I think the wood air stones have fine bubbles.

But I doubt ant typical air stone makes bubbles so small they look like smoke.

Hi, I brought a wood air stone as I saw one in a lfs that had really fine bubbles coming from it. I asked the store owner for an air stone the same as he was running in the tank. He sold me one saying it was exactly the same. When I got it home and connected it the bubbles were fine but not anything like the one in the shop. I took it back and explained to which the guy said. Ah it won't be as fine as that one in there as that one is in salt water and it's the salt that thins the water down to make it so fine. My fault I suppose as I didn't say I had a FW tank. I don't think it's possible to get an air stone with really fine bubbles for a FW tank.

Could you run a air pump through a ceramic diffuser meant for co2 to achieve these small bubbles?

Back
Top Bottom