Bud's 55g Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bud

Aquarium Advice Freak
I never did ask what lighting I have on my 55g. (Low, Medium, High) So, here goes:

2x54w 48" AquaticLife T5HO

1-6000K White
1-6000K Roseate

So, what kind of lighting do I have? What bulbs do you suggest I change to for a variety of plants? Currently using API Leaf Zone, API CO2 Booster and API Root Tabs. What product(s) would you use instead? All of the plants are doing well so far, with the exception of some contortionist vals. They seem to be browning at the tops a bit, but that could be normal as far as I know. Thanks for any assistance. (y)

I think that's more low light, that's 108 watts which is 1.9 watts per gallon. 108 watts is more ideal for a 40 gallon. 160 or more watts is best for a 55 gallon. You could get compact fluorescent bulbs which have more wattage. I don't know much about them though, someone else has to step in for that one.

I'd say you're in the medium light range. The Wpg guidelines (not rules) aren't ideal, but they're the best thing to work with unless you've got a PAR meter. T5HO packs a pretty good punch.

I haven't used the CO2 booster. I prefer Seachem Flourish over Leaf Zone. It's a more comprehensive fert. I've had good growth using the root tabs.

Ok. So, low/medium it what in getting? I figure on removing the pink bulb and replacing it with a white 10000k. I'll give flourish a look too.

Back
Top Bottom