Buffy's 1st Ever SW Build - Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've seen a few hung using brackets. I don't like them, looks to much like shelving.

Seems like alot of people use the same kind with those type legs. Maybe I just got a "defective" one that just wasn't wide enough. Cause with it on there was no way to put a cover over to stop fish from jumping. And it just wasn't sturdy to me with only 1/2 of the diameter of the screw actually touching the tank.

The current nova would fit cause it just rests on it and would rest on any lids too.

Plant hanger link was interesting. I'm thinking I could use a wall anchor of some sort and then use something like that, something that will blend in sort to speak.

Last edited:
LiveStock Wish

While in my travels to Madison again today, of which I now make it a point to stop at this Fish Store I found, I was taken in by this beauty, and when I got home I did some research to find a picture of it to share. I'm adding this baby to my wishlist.

Australian Sea Apple. Absolutely gorgeous. The one I saw in Madison, was opened.

LOl you picked a winner there! lol I believe they are for advannced aquarists. :) At least that's what I've read. I'm gonna go look them up now some more, it's early, I'm bored and it is a stupendous looking creature!

I've seen a sea apple once too! It was mesmerizing how it slowly moved its tentacles. A very cool animal. It's an animal, right?

Technically, I believe corals are considered animals too. :)

I'd love one for the color but I'd be too afraid to actually get one. lol

I'm afraid to but I will have one sometime. Notice I said "wish list" and "sometime"?LOL I wanna make sure when I do get him, I don't stress him and release his poison and kill everything.

Test Results

Ammonia - 1ppm
Nitrite - > 5ppm
Nitrate - 20 ppm

Added more Ammonia

@Carey - Yes that's where I got the pic from cause the one on my camera didn't turn out, was too blurry.

Buffy said:
Ammonia - 1ppm
Nitrite - > 5ppm
Nitrate - 20 ppm

Added more Ammonia

@Carey - Yes that's where I got the pic from cause the one on my camera didn't turn out, was too blurry.

Why more ammonia was almost. To 8 right

I think so...........My tank may end up being done cycling before I can buy anything LOL. What better way to learn about keeping pristine water than to take forever after it's cycled and keep it ready til I buy something to put in it. :)

Wow you sure are cycling fast. Did you add any bacterial products like bio-spira or stability? I added bio-spira and it cycled me pretty quick, but not THAT quick.

No, I have not added anything. Just a store brand ammonia. I checked it for other ingredients and also shook it before I bought it. When I opened it, I checked the smell. Ugg did I forget how strong that was, my eyes really watered but there was only ammonia smell no lemon or anything.

The live rock that was removed and put back in a few times has red spots here and there on it. Also some green and white patches. The red dots have been there right from the start and there are more so I'm assuming that it was still live and it has started it's coraline algae.

I'm gonna test in a few min.

Did you just re dose or was that from last night?

I redosed with ammonia last night and just tested.

I still have to move the big pieces down and re-arrange but I can't keep my hands in tank as I have cuts and they kinda burn a tiny weenie little bit.

Back
Top Bottom