Buffy's 1st Ever SW Build - Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is what they are. This picture of the elegance is after the fire shrimp "poked" at it. This is why I say the elegance is fine and the fire shrimp didn't hurt it, just looked like it said "excuse me, coming through". LOL

Very nice. May have to look at getting a tube worm. We have about 4 small feather dusters that popped up and are doing great. My wife thinks they are very pretty because they are so delicate. I think she would like a tube worm if it looked like that one. :)

Buffy said:
That is what they are. This picture of the elegance is after the fire shrimp "poked" at it. This is why I say the elegance is fine and the fire shrimp didn't hurt it, just looked like it said "excuse me, coming through". LOL

Looking good. The elegance seems fully deployed. Pretty sure the shrimp was doing its shrimp thing and probably had no evil intentions.

I like the coco worm. I'd like to get another one or two. Seems like alot of the corals and such I like are to be place low in the tank. I'll run out of real estate down there before the rock cause they all need to have alot of space between. So far I've bought 5 for my tank and they are all on the sand. I need to liven up that rock LOL.

I work 2 more nights then I plan on acclimating my 2 cardinals and firefish to the dt on Friday. They are still doing good.

I wish I could feed them more cause feeding time is such an active time. It's cool to watch. But with being in qt they get fed every other day.

Friday is going to be busy with the acclimation, pwc on dt (I'll do that a few hours before I acclimate), get that phosphate reactor back up and running, and finish hanging my light fixture.

So far no progress on the stand that I hope to be made. He's been busy. Since we work at the same place, those maintenance guys don't seem to get much time off and they have families. May be awhile. I don't have "kids" at home so I don't have quite as busy a home time as most.

Who said patience is a virture should be shot, LOL. It's not a virtue, it's a dang nightmare.

I will have to get back to you on that one, just hang on for a bit. :lol:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just finished hanging my lights tonite. Ended up having to use telephone wire I had laying around cause the wire I bought wasn't flexible enough. Figured I could spare a few feet from the 50' roll I had. Why I had it, no clue LOL. It's grayish so it really doesn't look bad with my walls lol.

So now tomorrow I can finally raise my light high enough to get to everything in my tank...Well sorta, I'm still short and can only reach just so far so I hope I don't fall in when reaching in the back LMAO (I left my snorkel in Hawaii)

Tomorrow is tank day now that I can get that light out of the way. Gotta get my pwc done, get the phosphate reactor out and redo that. Clean up my fluval and when all that is done, test my water and acclimate my fishies to the dt tank. RO has been mixing for 2 days now, temp is good, salinity is 1.024, pH is 8.0. I'm thinking on putting a little of that buffer in that says it brings pH to 8.2. Whatcha'll think on that?

WOOHOO!!!!! I'm gonna have a fishie in my tank. Yay for me :)

Been long week, sorry haven't been around, problems at work almost caused me do take some legal action. But just came home and watched my tank, my fish and my dog. No humans. I'm glad I have my tank, it does help calm, even if it's kinda empty lol.

I may go fish shopping sunday, go check out those huge maroon clowns this store has that's about 45 minutes away.

Will try to update if I get anything. After I get my fishies moved to dt, I'll take a few pics so everyone can see and toss me a few hints tips and such. Input is always welcome.

Night all :)

Yep, we will want pictures of the fishies in their new home. Then we can start bugging you for full tank shots! lol

Glad your pets are calming, isn't it awesome to just sit and watch a tank? It kinda takes me away from it all if you know what I mean. :-D

Sorry to hear about the problems at work. Hope it all shakes out for you. How heavy is your light fixture? Are you sure the telephone wire is going to hold it? There is not a lot of copper wire inside of telephone wire. It is mostly made up of insulation which breaks easily. Would hate to hear that you light fell.

Looking forward to see some pictures as well. It amazes me how patient you have been. :)

No worries bout work, it is what it is. I think light is 24 pounds but the telephone while is only temporary. It's hold good now. I plan on changing it soon. I am hoping to get to home depot this afternoon for some egg crate for the top and will get some other type wire at that time.

I have chain going to the fixture and those come together and from there up is wire. Looks like the fixture is not balanced though and is heaving on one end than the other because of where I had to place the "center" hook to actually have it hang balanced. So that part is off centered so I don't have one end lower than the other. Still doesn't look bad though.

Yep, we will want pictures of the fishies in their new home. Then we can start bugging you for full tank shots! lol

Glad your pets are calming, isn't it awesome to just sit and watch a tank? It kinda takes me away from it all if you know what I mean. :-D

I definitely know what you mean and yes it does. With all going on I actually wanted to say the **** with it but am glad I didn't.:)

I'm glad you didnt' throw in the towel, it's a sign of character in my opinion. keep on trucking buffy!

Wow Buffy!!!! I didn't know you were a trucker????? Oh, that was a metafore wasn't it? :) Yes, I know. My wife and kids get sick of my lame humor too. :)

Lame humor. hahaha. You wouldn't believe, ahh never mind.

I'm trying Carey, true, but everyday is a struggle just to keep going at anything if you know what I mean.

Anyway, what is the easiest way to cut egg crate? I need to get it cut before I acclimate my fishies. Don't want them lil babies jumping out and I don't want to use glass covers.

Had to rearrange rockwork a bit, I hate how I think it's stable and then I do my cleaning and seems like it got loose and I almost have a landslide. I don't even do the wiggle test, **** I do the bulldozer test and it doesn't budge and it still works itself loose. Grrr. lol I have some more I know I'm gonna have to move too.

Daughter kinda freaked last night when she saw 2 things crawling around LMAO, it was funny. They were Bristle Stars or Bristle Worms, I don't know what they are called at the moment, but I do know they are the safe ones, plus she was a little grossed out at the turbo sucking up on the glass and the couple of critters running around on the rock and sand LOL. I told her those were all good things. I'm thinking she doesn't want a saltwater tank anytime soon. :) lmao.

Also, pH pretty steady at 8.0 so I used some API Proper pH 8.2. Hope that's ok but it was all I could find close by. I mixed it in ro and dissolved it first, then added.

2 pictures

Here's a full tank shot. Got my drip tube ready to go. Also a picture of my handy dandy rigging. Going to replace that telephone wire with wire I bought today and also going to replace the D-links with another type fastner.

Tank looks great. :) I really like your rockscaping. Thats gonna look awesome when it starts to color up and theres alot more life in there.

Keep the pictures coming!

Back
Top Bottom