Buffy's 1st Ever SW Build - Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ibrahim said:
Yep that one. Get them now and sell the stunner strips and t5s to get your money back

I'm glad you all like them, these are the type of Chinese fixtures I was talking about and using for the past few years. I don't see any reason a fixture like this and priced similar couldn't be done here in the states. But they are a bargain and the big ones I have at 300 watts are awsome.

I was using a 1" hole cutter bit to cut holes in my pvc. I have some more cutting to do but the pvc got stuck in the bit, I got it out the first time with a small screw driver (yes I pulled the plug out of the outlet first) and now I can't get it out even with a smalll flat head.

Any suggestions so I can get back to drilling? Thanks guy's/girlsi.

Gregcoyote said:
I'm glad you all like them, these are the type of Chinese fixtures I was talking about and using for the past few years. I don't see any reason a fixture like this and priced similar couldn't be done here in the states. But they are a bargain and the big ones I have at 300 watts are awsome.

Im planning on upgrading my 25g to LEDs and these are the ones im leaning towards

I want to upgrade but I just spent 120$ on my fishneedit fixture and I don't see myself spending more money for that.. I might make one with Cree LEDs at some point though. I like how you can attach a dimmer and other things.

Yes., yesterday as a matter of fact,....they're "stark" 60 watt Cree dim able units 10 whites ,10 blues 3 watt each bulb,... Each unit was a little pricey at about $400 each ,...I've got 3 units for my tank ( 135 gal )...... They work beautiful,....however you might wanna contact Greg or Doug ,they probably can steer you into a good unit for much less cost,....this is just what I personally chose for my tank.

Ahhh, you did pay more LOL, I thought is was $400 total :facepalm:

I swear you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drain: Now you've got me thinking about DIY LED for my tank. :eek::eyes:

I've been watching videos of diy fixtures and might have a go at one. I'm going to be wasting money though.. I could spend it on so many other Important things.

Dary421 said:
Wow ., we are old farts huh? .... You know , all things considered , I'm happy that I've lived in the times that we did., rotary phones, rabbit ears , party lines etc... It's amazing the amount of progress thats been made since 1952, it's really neat to have seen and lived thru all the changes.., both good and bad ., imo ,the younger folks have really missed a lot of the simpler times that will probably never be able to happen again., I wouldn't have changed it for the world.
Even in the aquarium world the changes have been dramatic .,, sorry Buffy for a little kidnapping of your thread but Greg started it !! Lol ... At this time I will relinquish my soap box and give you back control of your thread :)

I'm only 27, but luckily we were poor enough to enjoy these simpler things. I totally agree

I've been watching videos of diy fixtures and might have a go at one. I'm going to be wasting money though.. I could spend it on so many other Important things.

I've been watching videos too LOL, doesn't look hard. But I agree I'm gonna waste more money LOL.

Its just that if you mess one up, It affects more than just one. You have to buy spare just in case. And those cost a pretty penny..

Diver's Den

So Saturday is coming up. LiveAquaria aka Diver's Den aka Drs. Foster & Smith (LOL) is having one of the tours. I received another email from them, I was hoping I could take pictures and so they said in the email that pictures were welcome and to be sure to share them with your clubs. Well AA is my club so, I will see if I can borrow a camera since mine doesn't work, otherwise I will do the best I can with my Droid 3.

I can't wait, I am soooo excited to see the facilities. I tried once before when I was up there but :-( guess I'm not a good salesman lol.

I want to buy so many different things, but my tank is not up to it nor is my checkbook. THIS IS GONNA BE TORTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol I hear you. There is a big frag meeting on Atlanta this weekend. I really want to go, but I hate to drive in ATL and, well, I've been spending way too much on my fish and corals. :p

Lol I hear you. There is a big frag meeting on Atlanta this weekend. I really want to go, but I hate to drive in ATL and, well, I've been spending way too much on my fish and corals. :p

I helped frag a bunch of the coral they will be giving away free. There is some really nice stuff. Anyone who attends will go home happy. :brows:

The event is free to the public and no need to be a member. You really should come. Whats a little road rage anyway. heheheheheh

Small update

My Elegance seems to be doing a little better.....knock on wood!!!!:banghead::banghead:hehe. Anyway he was almost completely drawn away from his shell with just center of him there and what wasn't attached to the shell was kinda flopping in the current.

He's expanding a little now, his tentacles are still stubby, but it appears his is beginning to fill his shell out again.

Just gonna keep my fingers crossed, maybe he will come back also.

My Encrusted horn, came back completely......however he didn't die but now instead of a neon green type color, he's more of a deep hunter green that's almost brown. Hopefully he will get his color back too, but he's not skeleton anymore.

I need so much, and I know if I order I can pick stuff up, but dang it why does what I need and want have to be at like 10 different stores LOL.

That's great news!! Glad to hear everything is going swell. If you are going to buy new coral though, try and get the nicer and easier ones first such as green star polyps and some ricordia, or hairy mushrooms, maybe even a long tentacle toadstool. The last 2 are a wavy type or coral do I'm sure you would like it.

Back
Top Bottom