Build me a tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scouser

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello again guys and gals.

Come this July I will be moving to a bigger place, you guessed it! That means a bigger tank for yours truly :)

Now what I'm proposing here is that instead of me sprouting ideas (and not getting very far lol) is me giving you guys a budget and letting the wealth of knowledge fill my coffers ;)

So you have a budget of $311.54 (current exchange for £200 (GBP))

Ermmmm.... GO!!!!!

I'd look on craigslist and find some sweet deals on tanks. then, I'll make my decision.

Is there crigslist in the UK (I'm pretty sure that's where you are)?

George9 said:
Is there crigslist in the UK (I'm pretty sure that's where you are)?

I think so but not a lot of people use it, we do have Gumtree which is basically the same but transport costs etc make it costly (only have a small car)

Also with the tanks being used I may have to replace consumable items for added cost.

I'd like to build a all new tank, but I'll still be looking for deals online :)

Have you tried eBay? My friend picked up a 90gal with stand for £100, bargain!

Scouser said:
I'm scouring eBay right now actually :D

I won't have the cash till next month (21st bday)

The wait is killing me lol :)

Lol I know that feeling, hope you find a bargain. Gd luck!

eBay and gumtree would be the best way to go. Look every day because you never know when someone is going to get I'd of there really nice stuff! I was one hour late on calling a local guy who was getting rid o his mothers 90gal FW setup for free! He told me he would call
Me if the other party never showed up but they must have. Good luck to you. Also if you wait until the end of the holidays there might be some good sales in January of people trying to get rid of their left over stock.

Also it helps to have an idea of what you want in the tank. That way you can customize around that. If you are handy DIY projects can save a massive amount of money. There are a lot of projects posted on here and on YouTube of DIY things, from lights to filters to what have you. Good luck on everything and always ask anything you can think of.

Maidenhead aquatics have a deal with up to 20% off tank set ups. I got my 110l with pump, lights and heater for £101 - just a thought plus it has two years guarantee :)

Back
Top Bottom