building blocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dove

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi again!
Okay so since the last time, mr. violet gobi has healed from the attack by the puffers (who went to a good home). He has thrived in the brackish tank, that I have added sand to. (we have been doing everything in stages). We added a snail to help clean glass. our little dragon fish is no longer little...but has blossomed into a huge gobi...averaging right now with healed fins about 8 inches in length and a good 1/4 to 1/2 inch in girth.
So my expert friends, my question is:
I have an ornamental cave....for him, but he is constantly trying to burrow in it..it is just not big enough for him. What is the best way to construct a type of burrow for him that isn't dangerous (collapses etc)..so that he will be happy when the light is on cuz he has a decent burrow?

you could make a cave with slate pieces and silicone. that way you could get it exactly how u want it

Hi again!
Okay so since the last time, mr. violet gobi has healed from the attack by the puffers (who went to a good home). He has thrived in the brackish tank, that I have added sand to. (we have been doing everything in stages). We added a snail to help clean glass. our little dragon fish is no longer little...but has blossomed into a huge gobi...averaging right now with healed fins about 8 inches in length and a good 1/4 to 1/2 inch in girth.
So my expert friends, my question is:
I have an ornamental cave....for him, but he is constantly trying to burrow in it..it is just not big enough for him. What is the best way to construct a type of burrow for him that isn't dangerous (collapses etc)..so that he will be happy when the light is on cuz he has a decent burrow?
I vote for a pvc pipe. Its good for long skinny fish. There is a thread n here called "homemade cave" I think that shows how to make one by gluing the gravel/sand onto the pvs pipe with aquarium safe glue. It actually looks really cool and is great for long, skinny fish. Its also pretty cheap. :)

Back
Top Bottom