Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy- Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Was wondering if anyone would be interested in another bulk reef supply group buy? I know we have picked up some new members so maybe it's time to think about another one. Plus christmas is coming so a good excuse to make some much needed purchases. :)

Post if you are interested and if we have enough people i will call my guy and see if we can make it happen.

The discounts on things wasn't mind blowing but I know alot of people did very well for themselves, like me. lol

Thanks guys, let me know!!

Assuming that this is for their RO units? I would definitely be interested in a group buy. I was planning on buying the 5 stage plus very shortly here, saving some money on it would be great.

Sorry for my silly question, but how does this work? Is there one item that we buy in bulk?

Thanks.

Yep, i looked at it but it looks like a single shipment rather than the company sending to each person who orders. BRS will take payment and ship separtely to everyone. :)

Sure i'm up for it again. Maybe i'll get the shelf rock i've needed for a bit.

Pontiac, if you go with the 5 stage plus, total should come out to $180.00 before any tax/shipping. Got it on the last BRS group buy carey did. Awesome unit.

Just waiting for the company to open so I can give a call in.

If this works out the group buy will begin on a Tuesday and end on the following sunday. During that time you just log in and the discounts appear and you just order like you would any other time. The biggest discounts were on BRS merchandise like their reactors, ro/di's and carbon and other bulk stuff. If I remember correctly koralias were also priced really well but were out of stock at the time.

I figure the 29th of November or the 6th of December would be good goal dates. it takes awhile to organize and get all the paperwork together plus some people need some time to become aware of the group buy. Any one see a problem with starting on either of those dates?

Ok it's all set up. :)

Anyone who wants to participate needs to pm me their last name and email address. :)

For those who don't know how this works I'll try to be brief. lol

On the tuesday that the deal starts you will get an email from Bulk reef supply (BRS) that tells you it's all good. When you log into BRS's site the prices that will be shown are the bulk buy prices. Some items were only 5% off or so while others were as much as 20%. You just purchase like normal and pay like normal. The items get shipped to you and its that easy.

I used the last group buy for instance to buy my bulbs for my 12 bulb T5 fixture. I saved a buck or two on each bulb so it added up. Also bought some filter socks cheap, like less than $5 each for 7" ones. Salifert test kits was also another great place to save. :)

It all depends on what you are in the market for. Lighting was not discounted I don't think and neither are controllers like the reefkeeper.

If you have any questions just post and I'll try to get back to you with an answer as soon as I can.

Thanks everyone, let's make this group buy even better than the last one!

I wish. lol Nope the same stuff I believe adn the same discounts. I'm gonna hopefully get the phosphate reactor and maybe even a bio pellet reactor. :)
Still need the hanna checkers for alkalinity and calcium as well, they were $10 off each.

So if we already did the group buy before, it's just going to be the same discount price we get now, correct?

No, it will be the same prices we got during the group buy, a few % more off I think. We get like 5% now permanently and the other discounts can still be 20% depending on what you buy.

yeah, i may order some stuff now... since it takes so long to get here, but still have plenty to get for my dads tank

also when is this starting, i dont recall a hard date.

I was aiming for the 6th of december but we may go a week earlier if needed. Not much interest so far unfortunately....

Back
Top Bottom