Bulkhead leaking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tate

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My bulkhead was leaking so I put silicone over the leak then it appeared on the other side where I can't reach and my tank is at the end of the cycle so I don't want to remove the water. The salt I think clogged it because it was little drips but how would I fix this with water in. And is this a long term problem

e7y3y6u2.jpg
Its not still dripping no I'll try to get one but its dripping where I can't reach

There are only 3 solutions to this.
1. tighten the bulkhead. You'd have to remove the silicone you put on to do this more likely...but if things are too tight you can also cause leaking which would require a new bulkhead.
2. figure out a way to silicone the rest of the way around. Find a friend with skinny arms. Whatever it takes to solve the issue.
3. Become at peace with the leak and figure out a way to manage it with a bucket or something similar and ensure you are monitoring your salinity to prevent it from dropping to much...that is if it isn't that major of a leak.

Its not major at all. Before the silicone I tried tightening it but it twisted in the overflow box also like it twisted all as one

I had a similar problem. I took a 3 foot of 3 inch ABS pipe and cut notches in one end using a grinder fitted with a cut off wheel. Good luck!

What did you do? Cut a pipe then put it where? Pictures?

Ohhh so you slid it on the existing pipe down the the bulkhead then twisted under the tank to tighten it

If you look down inside the over flow you should see the bulkhead has six flat sides like a hexnut. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391909121.858480.jpgi cut the 3 foot pipe to fit the hex at the bottom of the overflow. You'll probily need someone to hold the pipe while you tighten the nut. Sorry I haven't cleaned the overflow lately as it's a in wall tank.

Back
Top Bottom