Bully

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlmonyMatt

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a small Zebra Obliquidens and is rear fin has been chewed off. What can I do to help this guy.

Matt A.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How big is the tank and what else is in it?

In the short-term you many need to remove that fish from the tank or separate it somehow.

The rest of the tank is as follows OB Peacock-Juv
Taiwan Reef-Juv
Zebra Obliquidens- Juv
Demansoni- 2 M/F
Yellow Lab- Juv
Red Zebra
Snow White Socolofi-Juv
Blue Johanni
"Blue Lip"cichlid
Venestus-Juv
Black Tanzania Acei-Adult
Blue Zebra-Adult

Not sure who but I don't see him getting picked on to much

Matt A.

How big is the tank and how large are the juveniles?

1" juveniles and the rest are 3-4". 55G tank.

Matt A.

You have some aggressive guys in there. My first guess would be the adult zebras or the Demo.

That and you have too few adults. You probably don't have enough bigger fish to spread the aggression around.

Also, in the long run, a venestus probably won't work with the other fish you have listed.

As for what to do definitely put him in a hospital tank and allow him to heal. As for the tank and aggression you can do a few things, rehome the aggressive ones or add more fish to disperse the aggression. Problem I can see is you only have a few adults so they are going to exhibit a lot of aggression right now.

I just checked online. I do not have a venustus in the tank. He doesn't match them

Matt A.

I would pull him out, put him in a hospital tank and add stress coat to the hospital tank. Feed him well and watch carefully for any fungal infection. He should recover. Once recovered, you may want to consider trading him off, rather than reintroducing him back into that tank, although sometimes they do fine when reintroduced because they time alone has allowed them to grow larger then their tank mates.

Back
Top Bottom