Bumble bee bottom feeder??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donna541

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi need some info on the above fish, will it do the same job as a pleco ?? And will it only eat live food ?? Thanks

BB gobies are brackish. They generally hang out on the bottom, but won't eat algae. They can also be finicky about food.

Why do you want a bottom feeder, and what kind of tank do you have now (size, brackish?).

Have 54g with cichlids had a common pleco but he was a messy boy so I rehomed him ... Was at the lfs yesterday and seen the bbg fell in love and was talked round but knew nothing about them until I done a bit of reading ...silly me eh

My LFS sells Bumble bee gobys as freshwater. Soooo annoying.

Yeah same as mine only discovered they are brackish when I got home and googled them :-( now trying to find out if cichlids will tolerate salt as he is currently sharing there tank ... I have mollies an have never used salt u think the bbg would survive a salt free environment ??

Brackish and having salt in the tank are not the same. Brackish requires marine salt.. and brackish tanks are not suitable for freshwater fish. Brackish fish require marine salt... so you've gotta decide what you want. Cichlids or gobies. The mollies will be ok in either.. depending on what kind of cichlids you have.

I understand wat ur saying but it's confusing cuz mollies are fw but like brackish .. Only 1bbg.... have 5 yellow labs one fryier and one rts

Well he is there for the time being with no salt ... I might see if the lfs will take him bk (although they don't take wafs or strays) because they have wrongly sold him as fw ...

Back
Top Bottom