Bumblebees or Convicts..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, forgot about the coral insert, that would work.

Also, I have my vanilla cray CJ in the tank, he cleans things up will all 3 of em be ok in the tank? He usually stays in the corners I the tank or patrolling the bottom for food wafers.

Ill keep it in mind, I think ill just stay with a breeding pair

Yeah you'll love em... they are as mean as the other big cichlids but half the size... they are awesome man... try to get them at different pet stores to avoid inbreeding... that's very important

Yeah you'll love em... they are as mean as the other big cichlids but half the size... they are awesome man... try to get them at different pet stores to avoid inbreeding... that's very important

Ill look into that bro, thanks for the insight!

Well, I'd be careful. Only because cichlids and crayfish don't mix we'll "Sometime" but in other cases they are fine. Depends on the fish. I'd keep an eye on it and make sure he has plenty of hiding spots the fish can't get into.

Well, I'd be careful. Only because cichlids and crayfish don't mix we'll "Sometime" but in other cases they are fine. Depends on the fish. I'd keep an eye on it and make sure he has plenty of hiding spots the fish can't get into.

Well I have a blue cray with my mbuna and peacocks in my 75g and there happy, plus I had a few peacocks in this tank before as well with him and they were cool. Ill be cautious about it anyways though.

Lol so the rumor that they start breeding in the bag on the way home I true

haha I've heard that can be the case. i started with two pair, and I think they may have spawned maybe a week or so apart. the first batch got snacked on, the second batch were in their own tank, which is why I have so many now. i have to figure out something really soon because they are growing fast

haha I've heard that can be the case. i started with two pair, and I think they may have spawned maybe a week or so apart. the first batch got snacked on, the second batch were in their own tank, which is why I have so many now. i have to figure out something really soon because they are growing fast

So you have an entire batch of babies in their own tank? Will you ship..?

From personal experience I have had all positive outcomes with my cray/lobsters and all of my 'aggressive' fish- even my now 6 inch über psycho lutino oscar, Gino. I keep him and my 5 inch lava red lobster in my 'evil' tank.

I have a sunburst lobster in my riverscape at my moms river monster sanctuary with my 14 inch red oscar, Bob, my 16 inch zebra oscar, Oscar the grouch, and my very large (unmeasured because of difficulty) giant upside down black cat (not African)- but he is also 10 inches and aggressive.

Lastly I have an orange cray, circus peanut, who is happily residing with a male and female betta, 7 celestial pearl danio, 5 longfinned blue/purple leopard danio and 3 longfin skirted serapae tetra. He's a little guy, only about 3 inches, I've noticed longfinned species tend to stay away from him. He did get picked on pretty bad before he was given to me, though, by a pair of Bolivian rams and 3 grown galaxy loaches....

Driftwood, preferably cavernous or a few pieces that are set up to make him an entrance on the top, java moss around the entry ways and fine grade sand underneath where your cons can't get in and a system of lava rock and decorative rock or driftwood structures covered with moss and a conservative amount vegetation will keep him happy and safe...

Inverts rule!! Good luck!!

Very informative, I think I might do that, does moss make the water green at all..? What does it do? I've never had a planted tank.. Lol

Java moss and java fern are very low maintenance plants. Once they take root they are like weeds, just make sure you to remove plant waste, not a big deal, my lobsters and cray surprisingly eat most of it. I suggest tying java moss to structures to keep away from filter rot (gets messy) and helps with rooting. They don't require fertilizers or special lighting- they actually help convert waste materials into oxygen, they grab food particles and give delicate or stressed out occupants a way of hiding and feeling safe while eating and sleeping and will collect food and give your little guy ample room to roam and feed without being picked on.

Just remember to remove dead plant material which your cray will help with and keep up with regular tank maintenance. You might find it fun...

Java moss and java fern are very low maintenance plants. Once they take root they are like weeds, just make sure you to remove plant waste, not a big deal, my lobsters and cray surprisingly eat most of it. I suggest tying java moss to structures to keep away from filter rot (gets messy) and helps with rooting. They don't require fertilizers or special lighting- they actually help convert waste materials into oxygen, they grab food particles and give delicate or stressed out occupants a way of hiding and feeling safe while eating and sleeping and will collect food and give your little guy ample room to roam and feed without being picked on.

Just remember to remove dead plant material which your cray will help with and keep up with regular tank maintenance. You might find it fun...

My local fish store has these like 3" moss balls in the tanks they just kinda sit on the bottom is that what your talking about? And do I need different substrate to plant plants..?

so question guys.. do i need a flat breeding stone for the convicts or will they just breed on the substrate..?

I would use either a flower pot or some type of flat slate instead of just substrate.

wel i have something along the lines of this decoration its pretty large its about 12"-14" wide and its a corner decor would this work?

170908971076_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom