Bump on Balloon Ram's head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_fiend

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone! So yesterday i noticed this huge red bump on my Balloon Ram's head/nose. To me it looks like he ran into this rock that its really close to his hideout spot in the tank. I would just feel a lot better with a few other opinions. I have a well established 55g tank, well planted. Its been up and running for almost a year, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, pH about 8.1, temp is a steady 80 degrees. I have 12 neon tetras, 10 marbled hatchets, a bristlenose, one balloon ram, one gold ram, and one electric blue. Ive had the electric blue for 10 months, the gold ram and the others for around 9, and the balloon for 7. All of my Rams have they're own protected areas in the tank. We just moved around a couple of the major pieces in the tank but left the Balloon Ram's alone because it is the center piece and he's usually quite shy compared to my other two rams that roam the tank freely through out the day. Any advice on what you think it might be and how i can help my poor little guy heal faster would be great! :thanks:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447955889.435547.jpg

This is him.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom