Bump on my Ryukin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellen Miller

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there, I have a sick ryukin in my pond. It has a bump under the skin on its forehead. The bump appears to be getting bigger, and as it does, the skin above it is becoming paler. It almost makes the bump appear white, but it is in deep and not on the surface of the fish's skin. The skin is not red at all. I touched the bump and it appears to be soft. I attached a photo, and you can see the white area just above the right eye. sick ryukin 003.jpg

sick ryukin 002.jpg

sick ryukin 001.jpg
The fish seems to be nearly normal in its behavior, still eating and all. The bump is slowly growing, I first noticed it about a week ago. I am not sure of the fish's age, she (he?) is about 5 inches long. None of the other fish appear to be sick. She lives in a small, 100 gallon pond with three other fish. The water temperature is usually between 80-90, and getting a little cooler now. Is there any treatment I can do? What could it be? Thank you so much for your help.

Sorry no one has responded to you yet! :(
I am not an expert, but I am hoping JSoong will see this, since he knows goldies really well.
I wish you luck, and hope someone comes along soon!

She sent me a pm & I did respond directly ....

I don't have a good handle on this one ... it is really hard to tell if this is infectious (eg abscess, parasite) or some other tumor. Anyone has a better idea?

Back
Top Bottom