bump on neon tetra lip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

murad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
2days ago ilooked at my neon tetras and 1 of them had a bump its not mouth fungus on its lower lip what is this its not big or anything just a bit swollen ive been running my tank for a year now i have 3 neons also i got my neons3 days ago but had bad colers when i added them to my tankthier colors got better also my neon tetra eats good

my tank is 10g with 2 young guppies a molly a cross bred platy/sword and 2 platy male with my 3 neons my temp is 76 and i have no problems with ammonia and nitrates ph is 7.4

Since you just adde him there might be some hostility. Maybe one of the other nipped him or something. You said that you had the tank set up for a year? How many fish did you have in it for that year? Also check nitrites

i got neons 3 days agoo but my other fish had them for a year

10 gallons and everything fine ph is 7.4

murad said:
10 gallons and everything fine ph is 7.4

How much nitarte is in the tank? The bump is probably just from a nip or it hit something, hard to tell without a picture, the main things is water changes and quality. If you have bad water the bump could turn into something worse. IMO

Back
Top Bottom