Burma border loach with angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ColemAnthony1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everybody. I'm debating on getting maybe four Burma Border Loaches (Botia kubotai) for my 60 gallon tank. I have read that they can be fun nippers especially with angelfish. Is this true?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have some with Angels and they do fine. I have not seen the loaches nip, nor have I seen nipped fins.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Not true at all. I have found botia almorhae (yoyo loaches) to be pretty in your face, and extremely rarely nippy. Some people seem to extend this to the rest of the botias but I have never seen it in any others I have kept (which is most). Botia kubotia is typically pretty laid back compared to the other botias and definitely not nippy, PROVIDED you keep them in proper groups of at least 5 (true of all botias). I have 5 with my angelfish and have had many in the past (y)

I've had 8 botia kubotai loaches for nearly 2 years and have never seen any of them fin nip...not even my two big angels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom