buying a used bio cube 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The camaro show

Aquarium Advice Activist
so a guy is selling a biocube 28 he has had set up for 3 years he has a few soft corals and a black clownfish and about 7 snails he has added a protein skimmer and made the last chamber a fuge he is asking 400 or obo i think i could get it for 200-250 because he is moving and really needs it gone.

So my plan is upgrade the lighting i want to keep the hood on it so i was thinking of adding 2 usa current marine pro leds so that will be enough light for lps and over time some sps

The stock i want is 2 file fish, a yellow watchman goby and a lawnmower blenny and a mandarin. inverts 2-3 cleaner shrimp about 10-15 hermit crabs and 10-15 snails and maybe emerald crabs? I plan on doing a 5 gallon water change a week
What do you guys think?

Tank is way to small for a mandarin. Not enough pods to keep it happy plus the refugium isn’t large enough for them to have a safe area to reproduce. Do you mean firefish? 2 will fight and one will kill the other. Stick to one. Lawnmowers have a poor survival rate ime. Make sure it’s eating prepared foods before you get it.

You can do way better than currents for a fraction of the price. Mandarin will starve in there for sure

What do you recommend then if you want to keep some high end coral after you get some more experience. only thing is the hood has to stay

That tank is a cost much higher than necessary for what you are gonna get. Get a 40G breeder tank and build your own. Just my opinion. You already want a new light and you can do a hob filter if you have budget concerns. Play around with the space and rocks and I think in the long run you would be happier with the space and room to move things around. Anyone know about a Hamburg Matten filter for SW?

Budget isnt a concern I like the look of the cube and how sleek is it and just thought why not since a local guy has one for sale

So find an 18" light and slap it under the hood.. What's the issue. Money isn't an issue?? Get a radion and some acrylic, weld-on. Fabricate a mount and post a picture of the finished product.

Back
Top Bottom