Buying Plants Online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,

My LFS as a very limited stock of plants. I have purchased some from a couple of vendors on Ebay, but the doggone shipping costs have gone up a lot.

Does anyone have any suggestions for online stores for plants?

Thanks,
D

Aquarium Co-op has pretty good customer service, although their plant selection is not the biggest. Be careful with the places using USPS for shipping. Mail delays are tough on the plants. That being said, my 2 day delivery took 12 days but the plants were so well packed that I salvaged all of them.

Great, thanks. I've never heard of them. I'll take a look. I don't have CO2 so I'm kind of limited to the hardier, basic plants.

My best plant purchases, hands down, have been through the classified sections of aquarium communities--either boards like this or local aquarium clubs. Goatnad at this site sold me a great variety of high quality, low-light plants. I've also had success through the Planted Tank website.

Hi there!
I recently bought some Java moss, Java Fern’s, and dwarf hair grass from Buceplant.com! Highly recommend!
Great website, amazing stock, fast shipping! (For me shipping was expensive because I ordered rocks which are heavy) also they have solid communication with orders. My plants arrived yesterday and everything was perfect/healthy/pretty.
I also did saw some on glassaqua.com but can’t personally vouch because I didn’t purchase anything yet.
Happy shopping!

I buy all mine from marcusfishtanks on ebay. Big variety with excellent descriptions to help you choose. Good prices that go down the more you buy. He gives you a lot for your money and they're good sized - none of that bait-and-switch where the photo shows full size plants but you receive something barely started. He's quick to respond to questions, give advice. Shipping is fast and everything I've ordered arrives beautiful and healthy.

I have bought from him as well, and I'm actually waiting for an order from his website now. I agree, good prices, nice selection and he's been responsive when I've needed to contact him.

Back
Top Bottom