C02 controler, kh and 30 ppm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrice

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a pH controller and my water at the start is around 7.2 PH. Then I set the controller for 6.6 ph for my shrimps.
My KH is 5.

Do i have 30ppm?

I do have a drop checker but i think i am not doing it right. Its always dark green.

Plants doing very well, but i have a the type of algae.

The KH pH relationship is wonky, the chart is inaccurate because you can't say for sure what's in your water affecting the results. But then, a drop checker is not very accurate either. What did you use for the fluid in your drop checker?

Did you use standard 4dkh solution in the drop checker? I agree with the kh/ph chart being inaccurate when buffers are involved. What kind of algae do you have a problem with?

Sorry for the late responds.
I have probably all most all the types of algae. (all in small quantity)
But for now, I just want to rules out the c02. I use 4kh solution. And low ph test kit solution. Seems to me,Everyting ok right?

CO2, in and of itself, will not fix an algae problem. You need proper fertilizer dosing for your plant load, proper lighting and a proper PWC schedule.

As far as using and setting your pH controller... Set everything up and START SLOW. Use your drop checker to gauge your CO2 (and watch your fish closely) and turn the controller down a tiny bit at a time until you reach the desired color in your drop checker. Then after about a week or so of tweaking the system you can pretty much just forget about it.

What about those CO2 test kits? Will that work? I'm curious myself.

Back
Top Bottom