C02 levels.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sedgy90

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all.
Running pressurised co2 from thegreenmachine. My C02 indicator is a nice green.
After my water change I have loads of oxygen rising from the plants. As the week goes on they get less and less untill 7 days later when I do a water change and we start again.

Does anyone have any idea why? Cheers all.

That's a normal occurrence, especially after a partial water change. When you're doing a PWC, there's plenty of disturbance going on, surface agitation, gas exchange, and bubbles flying everywhere. Those bubbles cling to the glass, decor, and plants. For several hours, your plants will appear as if they're 'pearling' with oxygen. This is most likely due to the PWC. If you see tiny steady streams of bubbles, that's usually associated with a damaged plant. Nothing to be alarmed about as both will subside. And lastly, real "pearling" is when your plants are happy with the co2 levels and photo synthesis from lighting. It has something to do when plants are creating oxygen in already oxygen saturated water at a rate faster than the fish can consume it and before it can escape to the atmosphere.

Your drop checker is "happy green" and it sounds like plants are responding well if you see bubbles.

Aww fab. Thanks for reply. Makes sense. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom