CA Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BobRocio

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Earlier this year I got my adult male Jack Dempsey a 180gal (5ft x 2ft x 2.5ft) upgrade from his previous 55gal in which he lived alone.

I've also been growing out some young cichlids in a 40gal with plans of eventually adding them to the 180gal. This includes 2 x 4inch female Salvini's, 3 x 3inch female convicts and 1 x 4inch Texas x Firemouth which I am still unsure of gender. I'm normally not into hybrids but I saw these guys and thought it will be a better option than a Texas in terms of size and aggression.

I'm planning on introducing these guys into the 180gal eventually. Does anyone have any views on what size they should be before I introduce them into the aquarium with an adult JD? And what is the best way to introduce them?

I've never introduced younger cichlids into an established adults territory before so I'm a bit concerned about how this will pan out, normally I would grow them all out together from juveniles.

If anyone has had any experience in a situation similar to this it would be great to hear from you!

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom