Caleb getting salty!?! No way..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright I'm calling in the experienced guys. I need to move this tank. I'm also moving another but I know how to move a freshwater.

This tank is just going upstairs of the house (to my new room and it's final resting place for a long time)

I want to avoid killing anything so even a step by step process is appreciated. None of my corals have attached to my LR yet so I don't have to worry about that.

Caleb

Maybe an air stone for your clown and inverts if it takes a while?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did you move this tank today?
How did it go?
Hank got you covered.
Just move stuff into buckets so they don't too shaken up and move the tank(it is just like fresh water).

It's planned for in the morning. I found the stud today to mount my light then need help from my brother with the move up the stairs.

Caleb

Very ever so slightly problem... MY FILTER ISNT WORKING!

Everything is moved and I plug in the filter and it's not working! It's not doing anything. Yes I've tried multiple different outlets I know it is getting power!

Caleb

Very ever so slightly problem... MY FILTER ISNT WORKING!

Everything is moved and I plug in the filter and it's not working! It's not doing anything. Yes I've tried multiple different outlets I know it is getting power!

Caleb

That's a problem. Did you pit an air stone in for the fish?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've been messing with it forever and as soon as I post it magically starts working... My luck.. False alarm.

The impeller was a little stuck. One good poke and it's spinning again. This also is a sign I'm going to clean the filter on the next water change

Caleb

I've been messing with it forever and as soon as I post it magically starts working... My luck.. False alarm.

The impeller was a little stuck. One good poke and it's spinning again. This also is a sign I'm going to clean the filter on the next water change

Caleb

Ok, that's good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm afraid my skunk cleaner didn't handle the move very well.

He's barely moving and his tail is gone!

I moved him as gently as possible with a big cup and trying to catch a shrimp in a tank...

I really don't know what to do :( moving is rough...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436367840.968520.jpg

Caleb

I hate how fragile they are.

Harder to keep than SPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Caleb! Caleb! Caleb!
First let me say awesome job on your 1st salt tank.
Problem is YOU HAVE ME SERIOUSLY THINKING OF SCRAPING MY 40B Cryptoheros build for a 20ish cube salt build. All kidding aside this is a great thread. I read through the whole thing and have only 1 question about my Ecoxotic light but Ill start my own thread when the time comes.
Great job.

Mike! I was about to ask what you were doing here ;)

Do it man! It's a whole new world and it fascinates me every day. Just have to watch out for that bristle worm! I saw it earlier and it's easily 5 times longer than that it's first appearance.

Anyway I would shake your hand for reading this entire messy thread!

Caleb

I just read this whole thread. I love your tank! I hope to have a gorgeous SW tank like yours someday, hopefully once I finish college.

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just read this whole thread. I love your tank! I hope to have a gorgeous SW tank like yours someday, hopefully once I finish college.

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you! It's been a long road and a serious learning curve but when you can sit down and look at the beauty of your creation it's all worth it.

I hope I can watch you build yours one day.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom