Calgary shop report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no it is just have both my kids hanging out with me and they decided dad doesn't need to go 2 any fish store today.

webmoose said:
no it is just have both my kids hanging out with me and they decided dad doesn't need to go 2 any fish store today.

So did mine, but daddy gets to make the rules.:p

Ended up at 100 Acre Wood New & Used pet supplies on 17th Ave SE, where I snagged a lightly used Hagen Thermal 100W heater and a small ZooMed powerhead for a total of $6...

Then on to Gold where nobody except Albert showed up (and he was working), but was sorely tempted by a $250 Asian green aro, some nice juvenile motoro rays, some Tropheus duboisi (that Dennis offered me an awfully nice price on, so I may yet go back), and some really nice orange-wag swords (the $5 each blue rams were cleaned-out by the time I got there).

Then on to Riverfront, where there was nothing new since last night :p.

Finally hit Pisces, where I snagged a couple of otos to clean some small breeding tanks, and saw that they had some really small zig-zag (tyretrack) eels in for $7 each, some near mature Apisto borelli yellowtails for $9 each, and that they had completely sold out of the $1.99 red empress cichlids that they had advertised.

sounds like you got lots done!!!! I might make it down to tanks tommorow to löok at the panda cories...

Heh...I ran into Gary from Tanks at Gold. Gold also has small yoyo loaches on for 3/$10, and some huge fancy guppies for $3 each.

I may hit Franco's, Petland Crowfoot, and Petland Westhills tomorrow for some variety.

Just tested the little powerhead that I bought...a ZooMed MP10...works like a charm, and so does the used heater....I love deals!

Now I need to make sure my show tanks are ready for Tuesday evening's CAS meeting...I will have 2-3 fish and 2 plant entries this time. I may even bring another half-dozen sailfin molly fry to auction, since it looks like I will probably have a few dozen more in a week or so.

Menagerie...are you doing a presentation at the next meeting??? I am not going to get to see it :(
I will have to watch for the article as it looks like an interesting topic.

Toirtis....I got 3 of those yoyo loaches when I was in town for the auction. They are really cute and very active. My kids love them. They woke up the next morning and were all excited...they thought my zebra loaches had babys lmao.
I have to give them credit for recognizing them as loaches, even if the pattern was way different.

Menagerie...are you doing a presentation at the next meeting???
Yes, but it will mostly be pics of cute fish and me saying, "See, fish like veggies?!?"
Now I need to make sure my show tanks are ready for Tuesday evening's CAS meeting...I will have 2-3 fish and 2 plant entries this time.
Something else I need to do :roll:

I can't believe i did this.... I thought the meeting was next week... :( I just looked at the calendar and saw it is the 4th tuesday... I even arranged for a baby sitter for next week.....

:oops:

let me know what I missed.. :(

Not much, although the miniauction was good and I won two of the raffle prizes!! Woooo-Hooooooooooooo!! Finally! And I only bought three tickets!!

The next meeting is on Dec 14--it's the potluck/have a good time meeting :D

Okay, back to shop reports--CAS has it's own thread. Trevor and I are going to Tanks tomorrow. We'll let you know if there's anything new and/or exciting.

Menagerie said:
Not much, although the miniauction was good and I won two of the raffle prizes!! Woooo-Hooooooooooooo!! Finally! And I only bought three tickets!!

Its true...a HOB powerfilter and a society sweatshirt...quite the haul for a $2 investment! She also bought a big bag of gorgeous vals.
There were several big bags of really nice crypts in the auction, too.

16 entries in the jar show this evening (10 of them Menagerie's)...the most we have had at a meeting all year.

And despite a minor technical delay, it was quite a nice and fun presentation on fruits, veggies and fish!

I am going to the Dr on Friday and his office is right near Tanks so let me know if he has any panda's left.... :)

I was really hoping I would log on here this morning to find that the meeting was next tuesday...

December 14th isn't the 4 Tuesday!!! I better mark my calendar... How do you know what people are bringing?

mooose

Back
Top Bottom