Callamanus worms/nematode worms.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gabrielle1369

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So even after vigilant quarantine these nasty buggers have quite literally wormed their way into my tank. If any of you have ever battled this you know it's hell. With it comes fin rot, dropsy, eye cloud, ugh, fungal infection and just about every other disease you can imagine. I am here to seek advice as well as share my experiences in hope to help others. So I start my story first of all by saying the most important part of treatment is managing the secondary infections. I've found Victoria green(I like API fungus cure), melafix and pimafix are a very good cocktail. They are safe enough to use long-term(you'll need a few months too find the anti-parasitic that works) and they are also pretty broad spectrum and treat a variety of illnesses. I tried fenbendazole, which did not work for me but it has worked for others. I just ordered metrodiazole and levamisole which I will update how they work. I ordered through Peabody's medicated flakes by the way. Anyone have any other suggestions in the mean time?

Why are you using meds that are not de-wormers?
You need yes other meds
Levimasole
Fenbendazole
Praziquentel

I think callamanus has been kind of an epidemic lately.
Worms cannot live in brackish water btw......if all else fails, which it always does with this buggers, try the brackish water thing?

Try the powder levimasole and dose tank turn off lights thing
Im curious to know if it would work, its pretty cheap online get good quality levimasole powder!!!

Back
Top Bottom