Callochromis Stappersii Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trustemedia

Aquarium Advice Freak
My female is holding for sure. I asked about whether she was holding once before and I now know she was based on her behavior in the past and how she is acting now. I can actually see the fry in her mouth now. I can't tell how formed they are yet, I can just see some dark or black in there. She bounces up and down by the bubbler and the heater. She has done this several times in the past and I either missed the outcome or she wasn't a good mom and didn't hold them to term.

So, here's my question. Based on the fact I know she has held before, but possibly not to term, what should I do? My first cichlid batch here and it's probably been asked 1000 times, so I apologize. I am also not sure how far along she is. There have actually been several pits in my tank over the last few weeks and I do not know which ones create these fry. If I can see movement, how far along do you think she is? I am not sure if I should let her go on her own, try to isolate her into her own tank, do breeding boxes work for cichlids?, or buy a tumbler and watch some videos and try to strip her and tumble the babies.

Hmmm. best advice here based on your mouthbrooding experience?

Thanks!

Thanks, sure am enjoying the little miracles. So cute how they try to sand sift. Congrats on yours, too! Hope you get your Peacock problem sorted out.

Back
Top Bottom