Calvus with cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid_tank619

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was looking into getting a calvus for my tank.. just wanted to know if they will be ok with cichlids (yellows, orange and blue zebra) and fronts. the fish i have now are still juvies (2inchs and smaller). i have plenty of drift wood and plants for coverage.

Welcome to the site. What do you feed them and what size is your tank? Add some rock caves for your mbuna imo.

Calvus and comp's are shy fish, definitely not suitable to mix with mbuna, not to mention the difference in diet requirements.

toddnbecka said:
Calvus and comp's are shy fish, definitely not suitable to mix with mbuna, not to mention the difference in diet requirements.

I was getting there. Lol

Sprilina and spectrum. I may be getting rid of the cichlids and doing a frontosa tank. My local pet shop has calvus in theirs

cichlid_tank619 said:
Sprilina and spectrum. I may be getting rid of the cichlids and doing a frontosa tank. My local pet shop has calvus in theirs

They would be fine in a frontosa tank. How big is your tank?

Yeah, right now I'm stuck with my 4' tank until I get out of my apartment. When I have space, I'm going to upgrade to 100+ gallon. That's why I only got two, then went with cichlids instead of getting more fronts

cichlid_tank619 said:
Yeah, right now I'm stuck with my 4' tank until I get out of my apartment. When I have space, I'm going to upgrade to 100+ gallon. That's why I only got two, then went with cichlids instead of getting more fronts

Just to clarify, frontosas are Cichlids. Your other fish are mbuna Cichlids.

Calvus make good tankmates for frontosa but I agree they should not be kept with mbuna. Personally I would ditch the mbuna and keep fronts and calvus but thats me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom