Camallanus worms and how to treat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They should...I had to treat for ich while mine were infested...had to wait about 1 month before I was able to treat with the medication.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well then I remain hopeful! I just don't understand why the medication to treat these is harder to find are these things not very common? Also does the levamisole kill the worms and larvae? I do plan on treating both tanks with a follow up treatment as recommended.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes...it kills larve as well..the follow-up treatment is to kill any eggs that hatch after the adults are dead...I would email charles again just in case it went in his spam folder.

Yes...it kills larve as well..the follow-up treatment is to kill any eggs that hatch after the adults are dead...I would email charles again just in case it went in his spam folder.

^^THIS^^
I believe you will get a better product and better service(I am at a loss right now) with Charles.
I would try him everyday till he responds.
I will try another method(PM) as he is a member on another forum , which is how I know he is the best option.

I sent him another email a few moments ago. I'll give it til Monday to hear a reply before I go another route of trying to obtain some levamisole. Thank you coralbandit for all your replies and help it is greatly appreciated

I sent him another email a few moments ago. I'll give it til Monday to hear a reply before I go another route of trying to obtain some levamisole. Thank you coralbandit for all your replies and help it is greatly appreciated

I pm'd him in case it is a web site issue(his site) and will let you know if I hear from him.

Subquaria.com best meds ever for camallanus worms, and you don't have to do all that nonsense of bleaching (imo, very bad idea to use poisons to clean something that goes in ur tank) use a prazipro type med as a secondary treatment to be safe. Worked like a charm for me

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Woops forgot to mention that Subquaria.com has pure levamisole very cheap, which is what I meant to say that it is the only med that worked immediately for me

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Charles will be in touch with you ,if he has not yet.
Said he had a computer go down and is trying to get caught up!
I received this info this am . from him.

Charles got in touch with me (thanks coralbandit) I just got payment in so I will hopefully be receiving the levamisole soon! So far I haven't lost anymore fish yet *knock on wood*

Update
Still waiting for the levamisole and my guppies aren't doing so well :( the last two days I've woke up to find a guppy has passed so two days so far and I've lost two guppies who aren't visibly infected :( On a brighter note my snails must be really happy cause they've been mating like crazy and Lady my female Ivory mystery snail has laid a clutch of eggs and as I'm writing this she's in the process of laying another.

I received the levamisole today and just dosed both tanks. Instead of dissolving the whole 5 gram packet in 1 1/4 cups of water I did half that. I weighed out 2.5 grams of levamisole on a kitchen scale and measured out 1/2 cup of water and an 1/8 cup of wate and mixed it I then put 2 tablespoons of the mixture in my 10 gallon and 4 tablespoons in my 20 gallon high I did also read to shut off the lights so for the next 72 hours my tank lights will remain off. I will be keeping a close eye on my tanks for the next couple days and I will update this as changes occur. Thank you all for the advice and information!

It's been about about 5 and a half hours since I dosed my tanks and it hasn't been that great of an experience... so far all 6 tiger barbs in my 20 gallon have died :( R.i.p. my fiesty friends! My guppies including fry in my 10 gallon are doing good they even appear to be showing their color a lot more vibrantly than they have in the last couple weeks! I did however move my mystery snails into a critter keeper because they didn't appear to react to the meds too well I did put an airstone in there for them along with an extremely tiny dose of levamisole just as a precaution because I do NOT want to have to ever deal with these darned worms ever again! I hope all stays well with my remaining 4 guppies and 5 fry!

I know they are a pain in the rear....no pun intended. That food is cheap and more effective than putting something in the water, true with all meds except ICK meds ovbiously. angelsplus.com a good site for finding medicated feed, even that containing kanamycin sul.

I know they are a pain in the rear....no pun intended. That food is cheap and more effective than putting something in the water, true with all meds except ICK meds ovbiously. angelsplus.com a good site for finding medicated feed, even that containing kanamycin sul.

Thanks for the recommendation!
When I first started looking for treatment options I did stumble across angelsplus.com things are a bit tight money wise right now and i didn't want to order 5 different treatment options so I decided upon the most recommended and successful treatment which was the levamisole.

Just a little update 13-14 hours after dosing and everything in my guppy tank seems to be well! All guppies and their fry are still alive my female (hope) who was the most visibly infected fish (she had visible worms) doesn't appear to have any worms hanging out of her anus anymore although I didn't see her expel any of the worms so I'm not sure if they went inside of her or if she did in fact expel them. As for my now empty 20 gallon I still have the treated water in there although I took all gravel and decorations out because I'm changing it up and using some decorations I previously purchased and never went through with those plans but that's for another thread.

Nothing really new to update on. I'm not entirely sure if my fish have been expelling the worms as I have yet to see any come out of them but they are tolerating the treatment fairly well I'd say they do seem a bit lethargic which from everything I've read is normal. Their poop isn't normal looking yet but it is getting a bit thicker but is still white though, is that normal?

Back
Top Bottom