Can a Betta and Ram live together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe but I wouldn't reccomend it. What tank size?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It depends on the fish. I would be worried about the ram picking on a betta. Im also curious about the tank size.

To be on the safe side I'd just say no.

At any point in time that Betta could turn killer and start picking on other fish. Rams are also territorial to an extent.

Caleb

I set a tank up for my mom 4 years ago when I got out of freshwater. I had a 29g tank was saltwater and when I was taking down my freshwater she wanted an aquarium in her office. I set up the 29g as a freshwater tank and put in a pair of GBR that I had in my tank along with some cardinal tetras, ottos, and some other type of tettra. She had a betta in her office and she wanted to put him in a nice big tank. I was worried but did it anyways and they have lived happy in the tank for the past 4 years. the tank has lots of plants and driftwood so this might be whats helped.

It's a 55gal, heavily planted. Have 4 clown loaches (still small), 6 giant danios, ram, angel, 2 barbs. The Ram is a little tough on new-comers. Better safe than sorry. It's harmonious as is, don't want to jinx it. Thanks.

It depends on the personality of the betta when I had my 55 gal I had a pair of gbr and one electric blue ram with a male and three females betta's and the preferred the company of the rams then to the other betta's so in my opinion it's a game of chance because at times betta's can be a bully at time and sometimes they can be the most friendliest fish in the tank in my experience

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys. I'm not going to put my beta in the 55 galon. My 55 was so overgrown that I used all the clippings to make him a nice planted tank of his own! I think I saw him smiling today.

Thanks. :D

Back
Top Bottom