Can a pleco live in an outdoor pond??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope. I might be wrong as well but I'm pretty sure they come from the same place as goldfish original came from wich is why they are sold as cold water fish. Don't know if they are as hardy as goldfish to survive winter though??

I won't be heating the pond over winter but I could bring them in for winter. It depends on what the lowest temperature they can handle is??

I could be wrong but I think they are more native to tropical areas. I don't think they could adjust to colds that extreme. It might cost you a small fortune to heat that pond. Electric heat is one of the worst ways to go money wise. Their probably are alternatives though like gas. If you can go with Natural gas over propane. It's cheaper. Could also somehow link up a wood stove or pellet stove.

Oh sorry you were on about the pleco. My bad [emoji28]. I thought you were answering the question about the weather loaches. Yes you are right plecos are from tropical areas.

Back
Top Bottom