Can anachris servive in a gold fish 20g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deathbows2me

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My friend has a 20 long with along of goldfish the tank is terrible but I'd like to help him he only has a tetra 10i, so I was think about giving him anachris to help the fish.

I guess what I'm asking is how bad can the water be for the anachris to live and turn the tank around.

The water is green and his filter is covered with some grayish white slime.

Will the plant thrive or just die?

If there is light it will be fine. Anacharis will thrive on all the available nutrients.

Is window or room light enough it has not lighting on the tank and the water is green will it block out the light for the plant ?

maybe... but anacharis is pretty resilient.

That might be a big part of the problem - if there is a lot of natural sunlight, it will turn water green.

Another suggestion/solution would be several large water changes followed by regular maintenance. It might be unrealistic to think dumping some plants in is going to fix the problem if the tank is in that sad of shape...

If you were saying the tank has a "lot" of Goldfish, the plants will help, but nothing will replace PWCs and getting the fish into a pond or large enough tank.

A 20g is minimum size for one Fancy Goldfish. Comets need even more room.

I appreciate you trying to help the fish. They may eat the plants, but anything they don't eat will soak up at least some of the pollutants.

Well I guess helpless then cuz a noob about tank worse than me haha but I guess I gotta teach him something about tank maintenance and least WC I really do hate goldfeeders thro but they still deserve clean water

"Feeder Goldfish" are either Common or Comet Goldfish. They can live to be over 20yrs old with proper care. They seem dirty to us, because they are in too small of a tank.
They are actually quite intelligent and interactive fish :)

That's even nicer of you that you can look beyond whether you like that sort of fish or not and help them anyway. I hope your friend learns from you and perhaps you can show him some good websites for Goldfish care.

Alright man yeah I deff hate goldfish they need ponds or bigger environment, and ima have a sit down with him cuz I mean think about it did ur parents starve u of water food or OXYGEN ....... Haha fish cant help themselves in a tank.

Back
Top Bottom