Can any identify these guys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look like Mbuna, but I'm not sure which ones. Do you know if they are "purebred" or were they from an assorted tank?

The blue guy looks like some sort of Metriaclima and the second might be a young saulosi, not sure though.

I think these guys were from an assorted tank. I'm pretty sure they're Malawi -- they seem to have all the signs..

From assorted tanks, you get assorted fish--sometimes. Many Malawi species can breed with close relatives of different species.

nah there malawi, got about 3 of each but dont know there names, but if you do come accross the name could you possibly email it to me

thank you

The fish in the second picture looks like a red top cobalt female

The last definitely looks like a Demasoni. The brown isn't a shell dweller. Its definitely Mbuna and looks like a type of Metriaclima to me.

But when you get the from an assorted tank, you could have some hybrids.

I dont think the last picture is a demasoni. I need to see a picture of the side of the fish

I would think that you'd have to have a lot of knowledge and experience in the hobby. As well as the ability to give good advice and be helpful to other people. Advice given by someone who is titled a "mentor" would be highly regarded and proven trustworthy.

Back
Top Bottom