can anybody tell me if its ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shuvit

Aquarium Advice Activist
Or something else? Fish dropping like flies, only a couple of guppies git a couple of white spots. My plattys that have died had nothing visable, just got listless and then died. Lost several fish in last 48 hours.
Did a 30% water change Friday, a 50% yesterday and changed sand for gravel (gravel soaked and rinsed but fish were dying before then anyway)
Ph is 7.5
Ammonia 0
NitrIte 0
Nitrate 20-40
Community tank, understocked, 30% pwc done weekly, fish fed every other day alternate flakes, bloodworms, fresh veg and algae wafers for bn plec.

ForumRunner_20120909_212045.jpg

ForumRunner_20120909_212112.jpg

ForumRunner_20120909_212137.jpg
Any help appreciated.

looks like wasting disease, I treated with Tetra fungus guard and haven't lost a guppy since. I even have fry in there with it!

doesn't look like ich, but she does look like somethings wrong. Take the advice above.

Also, id do a 50% pwc just this week. Your nitrates are climbing a bit on the high side.

Nitrate just won't go down on this tank. Tested before and after pwc and the difference is minimal. Added plants and nitrax sponge and still nothing! The tank has been treated with protazin and myxaxin (separately) to no effect. I'm at the end of my rope.

Try using Prime, your water might just be funky. Seriously try our methods. I would do 30 every other day to bring them down.

She died today, lost one this morning too that was fine last night, tail completely worn away! Will keep up with the pwc after this course of lifeguard and invest in some prime off the tinternet as I can't seem to get it anywhere!

Back
Top Bottom