Can anyone tell me what this is?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJCRIC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just noticed this in the front of my tank it looks like some kind of egg with a white gel coating around it. It is not moving or anything. I have no idea??????

That is as close as I can get with it. It doesn't move or have any behaviors it just sits there like an egg. I touched it with the net and it seemed like the white outer coating is like a gel very soft but did not break apart. the center looks like it is filled with sand. I have a giant cup,torch,bubble coral, hammer,open brain, yellow leather, finger leather, purple mushroom, feather dusters,a ball sponge that is dieing, and star polyps. For fish right now just 1 green chromes, 1 fairy wrasse, 1 lyre tale antheas (female), 1 banded goby, and 4 clowns. also have a fire shrimp, 2 peppermint shrimp and various red and blue leg hermits, and snails. BTW now it looks like it is starting to get buried under the sand.

It sorta looks like extra food that an anemone would spit out after it has digested a pieces of food. I know you didnt state that you had an anemone but that is what it looks like to me.

You know I did notice the day before that my giant cup spit something out. But it didn't have the white gel around it. Maybe you right and that just came later.

Back
Top Bottom