Can fish survive for 4-days without food? I have to go away on a business trip :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am going away for a few days (4-days), on a business trip, across the country.

I was wondering if my fish will be OK without food?

If it's only 4 days then they should be fine. I'd feed them right before leaving if at all possible. If you had to go away longer you could get an auto feeder to use. But if you ever buy and use one then be sure to test it for a few days before leaving to ensure it works properly.

What kind of fish do you have? Adults or juvenile?
Most fish should be able to go without food for several days, but I think it depends a lot on thier age and normal feeding schedule. I took a 4 day trip a couple months ago and didnt have anyone feed, and my fish did fine. All of my fish were at least a few months old, no babies or anything like that.
Perhaps look into one of those feeding cubes to drop in while you are gone.....I have never tried them, but it may be an option to look in to. :)

I have left for a week before never lost any fish both fresh and salt just have timers for the lights as for feeding there is plenty in the tank to feed off till you return

What kind of fish do you have? Adults or juvenile?
Most fish should be able to go without food for several days, but I think it depends a lot on thier age and normal feeding schedule. I took a 4 day trip a couple months ago and didnt have anyone feed, and my fish did fine. All of my fish were at least a few months old, no babies or anything like that.
Perhaps look into one of those feeding cubes to drop in while you are gone.....I have never tried them, but it may be an option to look in to. :)

i have adult fish.

Back
Top Bottom