can i add a cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anniekm5454

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank is 70 gallon
Stock is 3 red line sharks
5 assorted rainbows
9 emperor tetras
1red tail shark
2 feather head cats
2upside down cats
1 male,2 female red point hondurans

Question is would it be possible to get another type of ciclids, I love watching my Red points and both females have laid eggs in the past.
They are fascinating so is it possible, if so what kind would I be able to get?
Thanks

You could add any ram ( gold, german blue, bolivian ) .... Apistos would probably be okay. Maybe even a kribensis would be alright. Keyholes are also pretty peaceful.

I've also had success with a gold Severum who is currently in a community tank of mine and he doesn't bother anyone

If the tank is planted, a severum will demolish them all. Something worth noting :)

Are you sure? My tank is heavily planted and the Severum hasn't bothered my plants.. He's been in there a good month

My water is a lttle hard but not really hard would the rams do ok, I thought they needed hard water, I would love some of them they are beautiful. I can't find healthy kribs in any of our 4 pet stores, or keyhole, they keyhole I seen were very tiny. I like the idea of the rams! Thank you

Typically adults destroy plants, not to say every one of them will, but usually yeah. Uaru will do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could add any ram ( gold, german blue, bolivian ) .... Apistos would probably be okay. Maybe even a kribensis would be alright. Keyholes are also pretty peaceful.

Agreed, particularly 'safe bets' would be Bolivian Rams and Keyhole, for both temperament and hardiness.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I honestly don't know what would happen by adding just 1 cichlid. But I can tell you what happened as I was gradually turning my 55G Fresh water to Cichlid... Not pretty. My tetra and danio became lunch.

I honestly don't know what would happen by adding just 1 cichlid. But I can tell you what happened as I was gradually turning my 55G Fresh water to Cichlid... Not pretty. My tetra and danio became lunch.

Yes that will happen.. But not with ALL cichlids

Back
Top Bottom