can I add a soil/clay peat/clay mix to an already set up tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wagz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
planned plants:

varied Anubias, a couple different swords, a Cryptocoryne or two, ferns, Fissidens for floor, varieties of liverwort and Nymphaeaceae. Haven't decided on exact specimens. Do I need to be more specific?

Tank is already cycling with a dozen neons, plants and some dw. Is it near impossible to add a soil/clay diy substrate or one with peat. would it just be a disaster if I raked the gravel to one side after taking out plants/wood and added substrate and then repeated on other side. would it just be all in the water and is more mess than Its worth. could I use the eco complete that way if i spent the money.

or is my best bet to hook up my new lighting when it arrives and try fert tabs and flourish.

I have read on other forums about people putting thin sheets of wet dirt into the freezer. After its frozen, they slide it under the existing substrate to melt into place.
I have never done this, but from what I have read, it works fairly well.

can I add soil/clay or peat/clay diy mix to an already set up tank?

frozen sheets, that is not a half bad idea, I am going to do some research, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom