Can I add just one bolivian ram to my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishkeeping

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I don't know, I just find them interesting and beautiful. I would love to keep one, but of course I want all of the fish to live happily. I don't want to overstock my tank and crowd it :ermm:

But anyways, I have a 30 gallon planted tank, it's moderately planted right now, and the most of the plants are new so they're still getting used to my tank... aka melting. In my tank I have 1 male dwarf gourami, 9 zebra danios, 5 platies, 5 peppered corydoras, ghost shrimps, and malaysian trumpet snails.

My tank has been running for a few months now and it was cycled prior to adding any new fish. I keep my tanks at around 76-77 degrees 78 would be the warmest it'll ever go.

Anyways, this wouldn't be my first time with cichlids, I grew up with a father fascinated with big fish so we'd always have an oscar. But, this will be my first time keeping a dwarf cichlid in my own tank.

I am doing my research and have heard that bolivian rams are the hardiest and does well in a planted community tank.

I don't know :fish2: I just want to try something new.. Sorry for the rambling, but advice anyone? Should I or should I not?

Yeah, your ghost shrimp will end up as a antsy snack if there aren't enough plants to hide in.

Nils

I have a healthy full-sized GBR who lost its mate to illness. He seems to be happy, with ghost shrimp of all sizes and a surviving oto, in a big puff of Java fern keeping the tank clean.

Thank you everyone! I will try and raise a ram in the future, but decided on waiting for my plants to grow bigger so everyone will have their own territory.

Back
Top Bottom