Can I do Estimative Index (EI) with liquid CO2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass95

Aquarium Advice Freak
Like the title says, can I do Estimative Index (EI) with liquid CO2 using excel or api co2 booster? Instead pressurized? I want to do Estimative Index with my 10 gallon planted tank. I currently have a two 9 watt, 6500k cfl blub running. And dose daily with liquid CO2.

You certainly can :) I use EI and liquid co2 as well.

Sent per three-eyed raven..

Thank you! When you started EI did you get any algae :) ?

Sent from my 710C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not really, but then again I always dosed liquid co2 with it. + I have a very active pygmy cory which always cleans the plants.

In your tank do you have low light plants?

Yes I do, I have anubias, some sort of dwarf sword and xmass-moss. Lowlight are more susceptible to algae as they find it harder to outcompete the algae. Strangly i'm having no troubles. I have a 13W lamp over my 5g scape.

That's amazing, currently I'm having a battle with brown algae on my anubias leafs :(

This was grown on EI ferts and liquid carbon. 2x t5ho bulbs and a 55g tank.

HVKc5E7.jpg

Aaaah I see, is this a new setup? Diatoms are common in new tanks. They will disappear on their own. You can rub em off if you want.

Its been running for 2 months now.

Mebbid that is a Beautiful tank, im jealous. I wish I had space for a 55g. Do you dose with excel for co2?

Mebbid that is a Beautiful tank, im jealous. I wish I had space for a 55g. Do you dose with excel for co2?

It has been a while since my tank looked like that :) It went downhill when I started nursing school, but I am working on getting my 40b looking like that again.

As to excel, I skipped using that as I was using too much and went with Metricide 14 instead. I dosed 15mL of the metricide per day which equals 30mL of excel.

Buying 500mL bottles of excel was costing me around $25 a month. Going with the metricide 14 it was costing me around $3 a month.

Wow that is a lot cheaper, how would I dose metricide 14 if I decide to use it?

Wow that is a lot cheaper, how would I dose metricide 14 if I decide to use it?

Metricide 14 is twice as strong as excel is so you dose half as much. You can safely dose 1ml of metricide 14 per 2 gallons of water.

You can safely dose a little more than that, but I never saw a need.

Where can I buy metricide 14?

Thank you a lot :)

Is El harmful to shrimp?

Is El harmful to shrimp?

Nope. I had a colony of shrimp that numbered somewhere in the hundreds in that tank. They are wild type neocaridina the same species as RCS

For example:
75748-albums12252-picture61448.jpg

Thank you for the help

Back
Top Bottom