Can I Have A Pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I am setting up a tank to breed GBR's, Its also a Hi-Tech Planted tank. I am getting 3 pairs of GBR's and was wondering if theres any kind of placo I can have that will eat algea however wont be able to eat my fishes eggs and that will work in my tank. also I dont want one big enough to tare up my plants. Also I have no intrest in a BN Pleco, Looking for something cooler and more unique.
I also have 5 Oto's dont know if they will take care of my algea on their own?

75gallon Tank
Low PH
Soft Water
Driftwood,Rocks,Plants
Eco-Complete Substrate

I think a bristle-nose. If you want a good algae eater you could get a Siamese algae eater. I love mine and they keep the plants super clean :)

my water will be to hot for clown plecos I do love them however I found out that my only real option is a BN pleco, so I just decided that ill allow my 8 Otos to keep my tank clean, I think they will do a great job.

CleverBs said:
my water will be to hot for clown plecos I do love them however I found out that my only real option is a BN pleco, so I just decided that ill allow my 8 Otos to keep my tank clean, I think they will do a great job.

Farlowellas are very unique fish I love them and they are not hard on plants and don't have a huge max size or bio load

All in all they are my favorite fish in this hobby

Back
Top Bottom