Can i keep an ob peacock with mbuna?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakepen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm mostly going to house mbuna, but I saw this ob at my lfs, amazing colors. Would I be able to successfully keep him in with mbunas?

I have obs in with my mbuna and everyone gets along fine. It's gonna depend on tank size and your rock work too tho. As well as the size of your mbunas and the obs you're wanting to add.

Personal "Experience"

Hi. 1st I have had Cichlids~Previously~Just getting "Back" into it!
Questions U Need! 2 'Answer' 1st!!
1. Tank size
2. Size / variety of 'Other' fish in Tank.
3. Do U have rocks/caves: how many? (Since Cichlids r 'Used 2'~Wikipedia!)
4. R the Cichlids U have now: Aggressive, semi, passive?
5. R u "Willing/ Ready" to RE-Arrange ur tank~Helps Significantly! Cichlids are Very! 'Territorial'!! So, when U RE-Arrange ur tank~ur giving "Everyone" a "Fair" playing field!
6. R ur Cichlids/+ the 1 'You Want': Bottom, Middle, Upper h2o??
7. Introducing 'New' fish: "Rule of thumb"~Always! Females, 'Outnumber' Males~3-4/1 ratio's "Best"!! Always 'try' 2 "add" a 'Small School' ie. 3-5 (Giving the 'New guys' a Fighting Chance'!!

Hope these 'Ideas' HELP!

Hi. 1st I have had Cichlids~Previously~Just getting "Back" into it!
Questions U Need! 2 'Answer' 1st!!
1. Tank size
2. Size / variety of 'Other' fish in Tank.
3. Do U have rocks/caves: how many? (Since Cichlids r 'Used 2'~Wikipedia!)
4. R the Cichlids U have now: Aggressive, semi, passive?
5. R u "Willing/ Ready" to RE-Arrange ur tank~Helps Significantly! Cichlids are Very! 'Territorial'!! So, when U RE-Arrange ur tank~ur giving "Everyone" a "Fair" playing field!
6. R ur Cichlids/+ the 1 'You Want': Bottom, Middle, Upper h2o??
7. Introducing 'New' fish: "Rule of thumb"~Always! Females, 'Outnumber' Males~3-4/1 ratio's "Best"!! Always 'try' 2 "add" a 'Small School' ie. 3-5 (Giving the 'New guys' a Fighting Chance'!!

Hope these 'Ideas' HELP!

I have a 70 gallon, I don't have any cichlids in yet. I have plenty of hiding places.

Introduce the obs first and you should be fine. I have 3 obs in with lots of other cichlids including yellow labs, acei, kennyii, auratus, and other peacocks.

Introduce the obs first and you should be fine. I have 3 obs in with lots of other cichlids including yellow labs, acei, kennyii, auratus, and other peacocks.

Alright, I'll give it a try, thanks. It won't be for another week or two, doing a fish less cycle right now.

Get them as juries and they will get along as they mature and develop some kind of ranking in your tank.

Multiple Varieties of Africans~

I 'Too' have: Yellow Labs; Red Peacocks; Auratus; in with Obis! So long as U give them Area! & I got 'Mine' as "Babies" UNDER 2"~ so they Could~grow up 2gether! Have been "Warned" that: "As they 'Get Ready~to Breed'~That is when U will "See" the Aggression!!
Stay w/the "Rule" of: 2-3 Females/1 Male~& U 'Should' B "Fine"!!
*IF U 'Notice' Aggression': Re-arrange UR tank!! As MOST 'Fights' Between Cichlids~is for Territory ~ & by "Re-Arranging" B4 / Right after U put in 'New'~ U Minimize!/ OR Eliminate! That~Issue!!

Btw~said u had "caves"~where Did U "Get" them?? (I'm "looking" for No! Since I 'Found Out' HAVE 2 B Much Larger~than I "Thought" (so Cichlids Don't get "Stuck"/ & Can use 2 Spawn")

Thanks!!

I got mine from dr fosters and smith, the 10 pack "large". Kind of pricy, 80 bucks. But Andrew McFadden sent me a link a while ago, I'm pretty sure they were the same as mine, just half the price. Find him, and ask him.

Back
Top Bottom