Can I see your fishroom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
OK in out new house we have an unfinished basement. the only thing down there is the Heater and some pipes.

my wife and i were talking and she said that "someday" we can finish the basement and turn it into a fish room. i think she if kind of tired of me putting tanks allover the house and wants me to "condense" some :D of course now "someday" can not come soon enough, i am already planing out the room.

the space will be limited so i will have to make the most of the space.

i was hoping that some of you that have fish rooms already in your house might post a picture so i can get some idea.

thanks

I have a room with fish tanks, but not what I consider a fish room. It also has the computer, my model car collection, book collection, and potted plants.

I have 5 tanks scattered all over the house. My BF likes it that way. :p I'm getting another 55 gallon for free, and eventually a 90 reef (when I can afford it). My house is lookin' sweet. :lol: I'll post pics sometime.

I to, personally, like the tanks "scattered" because then I can look at one of my creations every were I go!

Personally, if I had the choice to have an empty space to use as a fishroom, I would make all of my tanks built into the wall (with enough space behind them set up for water changes and general maintance). Then I'd turn the room into a sitting room or a study. Something about tanks built into the walls (where you don't see the filters/tubes/stands/gadgets) is so much more appealing and soothing to me. But thats just my opinion =o)

LOL, that is exactly what I was thinking about yesterday. I thought it would be cool to have a smaller room with tanks all around and to have a comfortable chair in the middle or a desk or something to study. Just thought that would be neat.

Back
Top Bottom