Can nipped fins/tails regrow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tasha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a month old balloon molly (well I think its going to be balloon, but we'll see) its one inch long and is showing great interest in getting out of the maturation tank. I know my other fish cannot eat him/her, but im worried they'll try and nip the tail etc... I only have it in the maturation tank because its the only one of Sophies (yes I name my fish ;) ) babies to make it, normally I do surival of the fittest, plus my new filter is super strong and I actually watching it suck up the baby and I rescued it out of the filter and it went directly into the maturation tank.

So if baby does get nipped on say the tail will it regrow? obviously if it was getting harrased i'de remove it but my other fish are pretty easy going...

Awesome, thanks I think im going to try and let it out.... he/she is going to be so happy!

if the fins get nipped to badly,make sure you remove it until they are better.

so far so good, shes been in there for hours and no-ones even bothering her, and he/she looks so happy!! :)

he/she looks as happy as can be this morning. Nothing nipped, and even attempted to come up and eat with the big fishies this morning, however still cautious :) I say its been a success, thanks for you help allexx :)

Back
Top Bottom